If you’re a fan of the English bulldog, then you know these wrinkly little pups are the epitome of cuteness. But let’s face it, they ain’t exactly known for their long lifespans. On average, these squishy-faced pooches only live between 8-10 years.
Reasons for shorter lifespan
But have you ever wondered why that is? Well, let me tell you, it’s all because of their physical characteristics. They got that short snout and wrinkles that make them so darn adorable, but it also makes ’em more prone to breathing problems. And ain’t nobody got time for that.
Another thing that contributes to their shorter lifespan is their weight. English bulldogs tend to be stocky and carry a bit more weight than other breeds. And as we all know, being overweight ain’t good for you.
Helping your English bulldog reach a long life
So, how can people help their English bulldog reach a long life? Well, for starters, it’s important to make sure they’re at a healthy weight. Regular exercise and a well-balanced diet can go a long way in keeping them healthy. It’s also important to keep an eye on their breathing and address any issues as soon as they arise. And of course, regular vet check-ups are a must.
How To Expand English Bulldog Life – All Tips:
- Maintaining a healthy weight through regular exercise and a well-balanced diet
- Addressing breathing issues and keeping an eye on their physical characteristics
- Regular vet check-ups
- Proper care and grooming, including regularly cleaning and drying wrinkles to prevent infections
- Being aware of potential health issues and genetic predispositions, such as hip dysplasia, cherry eye, and skin allergies
- Providing a comfortable and safe environment, with a cool and shaded area to rest, a comfortable bed or warm blanket, and keeping them indoors
- Avoiding overexerting them in hot or humid weather
- Providing them with appropriate exercise and activity level for their age and health condition
- Regular dental cleaning and checkup
- Vaccinating and deworming them on schedule.